Construction is about to begin at the BC Housing housing project at 285 Prideaux Street. Construction workers from NRB Modular Solutions will be on site beginning August 22, 2022 to begin construction. This project will bring 51 supportive homes for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness to Nanaimo. The project is anticipated to be completed in spring 2023.
What you can expect:
– Hours of work will be Monday to Saturday, between 7 am and 6 pm. Some work may also take
place on Sundays between 9 am and 5 pm.
– There will be security patrols at the site at various times.
– There will be noise from excavation equipment, earth moving machinery, concrete delivery trucks
and other heavy equipment, particularly for the initial 10 weeks of construction
– The westbound lane of Fitzwilliam Street adjacent to the site will be closed off. The sidewalk along this section will also be closed 24 hours a day until this scope of work is complete.
– There will be potential road closures during off-site civil works for approximately two months starting in early 2023 affecting Prideaux Street and the left turn lane of Fitzwilliam Street.
BC Housing will continue to keep the neighbourhood informed about this project. Learn more at: https://letstalkhousingbc.ca/nanaimo-285-prideaux-street
Questions and feedback can be sent to BC Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Onsite emergency contact:
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below.